How To Apply
Policies and Placement
YWIES Shanghai Lingang upholds a non-discriminatory policy and accepts applications from any qualified students. As a school that serves students and caters for boarding and day students, we accept applications for admission to Primary and Lower Secondary (Grade 1 to Grade 9).
For 2021/2022Academic Year Applicants:
• Grade 1: six years old (Date of Birth：From 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015)
• Grade 6: Graduating from Grade 5 in 2021
• For other grades: Students are required to meet the age requirement of the school registry in different grades.
For 2020/2021 Academic Year Applicants:
We have a few vacancies in Primary and Secondary. Please contact the Admissions Office to get detailed information.
For 2021/2022 Academic Year Applicants:
• Grade 1: 75 students
• Grade 4: 25 students
• Grade 5: 25 students
• Grade 6: 120 students
• For other grades, limited seats are still available.
Please contact the Admissions Office to get detailed information.
• Local Shanghai citizens
• Non-local students who have a Shanghai Residence Permit. Their mother or father has a valid Shanghai Permanent Residence Permit and paid the social insurance over six months from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021; or one of the parents has the flexible employment registration with the government for three consecutive years (from the starting date till 30 June 2021)
• Students with a foreign/overseas passport (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
How to Apply
Students Who Apply for Grade 1 and Grade 6
According to the admissions policy of Shanghai Education Commission, all Grade 1 and Grade 6 students have to apply for schools in the Shanghai compulsory enrolment system (https://shrxbm.edu.sh.gov.cn).
Students Who Apply for Other Grades
Please apply online or download and complete the Student Application Form and submit the following documents to our Admissions Office in person, by mail or fax. Your application will be processed after the Admissions Office receives your completed application package, and you will be notified of the interview.
Materials Needed for Registration
• Photocopy of the student’s residence card, birth certificate, Shanghai Permanent, ID card or passport with a valid visa stamp;
• Photocopy of the parent’s/guardian’s residence card, Shanghai Permanent, ID card or passport with a valid visa;
• Photocopy of the Growth Record of Primary and Secondary Students (only applicable to students who apply for Lower Secondary);
• Photocopy of the student’s latest school academic reports/records;
• Three passport-sized photos of the student (with the ID/passport name of the student neatly printed on the back of each photo).
Notes: Please provide the original of the above materials for our verification when you come for the placement interview.
• The school divides students into classes without streaming. There are no elite classes, fast and slow classes, characteristic classes or experimental classes.
• We will not organise registration or disguised registration.
• We will not arrange entry tests, assessments, interviews or survey.
• We will not accept any kinds of specially-made resume and certificates of the student.
• The school enrolment is not linked to any educational training institutions.
YWIES Shanghai Lingang
Address: No. 2 Yinlian Road, Nanhui New Town, Shanghai 201306
Tel: 021-6118 0809、400 021 0042
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8 am –5 pm